Wish Upon a Party

Thursday 8 January 2015

Party or Summer Holiday Activity - Play Doh Sundaes, Cookies & Cupcakes



  
I came across this idea from a blog called Happy Hooligans, craft and activities for little people.


This activity is a great idea for a party activity.  I loved the idea of making playdoh that was scented and coloured to resemble ice cream or cookie dough.
Weeks prior to making the dough, I began collecting ice cream scoops and sundae containers from thrift stores. I also gathered beads, balls, cupcake toppers, shells, gems, glitter and anything that resembled sundae toppings.  I decided on 3 "flavours", Spearmint, Cookie Dough and Chocolate.  

For the chocolate I follow the following recipe taken from another lovely blog called The Imagination Tree:




I used the following recipe for the other doughs and coloured them pink and green with 
scents of spearmint and vanilla. They all smell divine.Being a no cook dough, it is very quick to make.

The containers were bought from The Reject Shop and are shaped like ice cream tubs. 

Now the creations can begin




Sundaes


I collected cupcake trays and coloured silicone cupcake moulds to make cupcakes.




Chocolate Bread Men.
      


Tropical Sundaes





Chocolates placed in a gold chocolate tray



Goodies for a Sundae Shop.


Set up a toy register for the goodies to be sold.

This is also a good activity to practise money handling for older children.












No comments:

Post a Comment